01 May 2010

Fruit of Spirit Lesson 2: Love

Fruit of The Spirit Love
John 15:9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love."
John 15:10 "If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love."
John 15:11 "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

Gal 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Gal 5:24 "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.
Gal 5:25 "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

(1) Love is NOT Automatic
1John 4:7 "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God . Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
1John 4:11 "Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."
John 3:18 "Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."

(2) Love is from God
1Th 3:12 "May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.

(3) Love Forgives
Col 3:12 "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."
Col 3:13 "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."
Col 3:14 "And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."

(4) Love Compels
John 12:27 "Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour."
John 12:28 "Father, glorify your name!"
John 12:32 "But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

(5) Love is Resilient
Act 7:59 "While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."
Act 7:60 "Then he fell on his knees and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." When he has sais this, he fell asleep."
Luk 23:34 "Jesus said, 'Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.' And they divided up his clothes by casting lots."

How we must Act?
Do we "write-off" people?

Jas 3:8 "but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
OR Edification OR John 3:18

We can choose our emotions. GOd love shows us why they act in destructive ways, eg:self protect, may hurt others, Hurting people hurt others.

"The tongue can be a blessing
And the tongue can be a curse;
Say friend, how are you using yours;
For better or for worse?"


1Col 15:31 I die every day - I mean that, brothers - Just as surely as I glory over you in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Mat 9:36 "When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.