Dear Coffee Lovers
I am truly humbled as I write to you this Christmas and year end message. As I reflect on what God has done through the cell in 2009, I am amazed as to his love and faithfulness.
Some of us have just returned from Cambodia and it was an impactful trip. I dare to say God touched the heart of every tripper including the children as we gave what little we could from our lives. To see our members rising to the challenge and filling the gaps despite illness (yes, the devil was at work) or despite having to persevere outdoors under the heat, it was evident that the team was there to execute the programs with determination and conviction. One thing was apparent, and that is the wealth of talents that God has given to all of us. Even those who could not come supported us in the preparation of items and the provision of gifts.
Then as we Iook at 2009, we continued to see God's provision and guidance. There was so much that happened. I cannot mention them all. We saw the successful run of an Alpha program that gave us an opportunity to meet and reach out to new friends. We saw the salvation of Sam, Jenny and Kay's father in God's so special timing. We saw the concern for people and the desire to pray for others. Those great moments of worship and enjoying the presence of God. Some faced challenges and difficulties this year but with patience and faith, I see God's unfailing love and provision. I saw growth for so many of us and I am thankful that God is truly good.
So to close the year, we must come together to give thanks and praise to our heavenly Father. We shall have a Christmas cum New Years dinner celebration on 31 December at our place. Dinner will be followed by a time of sharing and prayer as we usher in the new year. We plan to share our experiences on the recent Cambodia trip and our sensing on where God is leading us in the year to come. It will be a meaningful night and we will stay till 12. As his will be a potluck, we will arrange the menu next week.
This will also be the last formal email I will send to you as the cell leader. It has been an honour for me to lead this cell and it is only because of your support and faithfulness that we have been able to develop as a group so successfully. I believe it is time to bring Coffee Lovers to a new level - with fresh perspectives and a new vision. I am so pleased that Colin and Alex will lead us on this next exciting journey. As I shared with the group over dinner in Phnom Penh, I have seen how Colin has grown so much. It is amazing. I see his heart growing bigger and his spirit sensitive to God's leading. Alex, no doubt, is talented and his giftings will be a great support to Colin and us. I am thankful for these 2 great leaders that God has raised to bring us forward. I am excited to work with them and under their leadership. We will see great years ahead.
So with this, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. May it be meaning to you. May God touch your heart this Christmas.
Paul
24 December 2009
Come Home Running To Our Lord
Labels
- 2008-12-20 - Xmas celebration (1)
- 2009-12-15 - Cambodia Mission Trip (1)
- 2009-12-24 - Paul's Xmas message (1)
- 2009-12-31 - Xmas 2009 cum New Year celebration (1)
- 2010-02-16 - Tree Top Walk 3rd day CNY (1)
- 2010-04-18 - Alpha Dinner (1)
- 2010-04-25 - Jenny's Baptism (1)
- 2010-04-26 - Alex and Channy's House Warming (1)
- 2010-06-04 - Cambodia Mission planning (1)
- 2010-06-04 - Cambodia Mission Trip (1)
- 2010-08-29 - Bondminton (1)
- 2010-10-03 - Cycling and Fellowship (1)
- 2010-12-25 - Xmas celebration (1)
- 2010-12-31 - New Year Countdown Celebration (1)
- 2010-12-31 - Thanksgivings with Smilebox (1)
- 2011-02-05 - Cycling 3rd day CNY 2011 (1)
- 2011-02-13 - CNY Lunch (1)
- 2011-08-09 - Tree Top Walk on National Day (1)
- 2011-08-19 - Jing Siew's Birthday (1)
- 2011-08-26 - Combine Cell (1)
- 2011-08-30 - Mt Faber Park Walk with cell (1)
- Cell Material - Fruit of Spirit (8)
- Coffee Lovers' Sponsored Children (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.